An uncontested divorce is a divorce in which both spouses have reached an agreement on all issues. For the case to be uncontested, the Respondent must sign a waiver and there must be an agreement in every aspect of the divorce, including child support, child custody, property division, and all other issues.
The Law Office of Aaron Weinmann, PLLC offers a no cost consultation that will put you at ease by answering your questions and formulating a plan for your divorce proceedings. Additionally, if you’re looking for a cheap divorce in Houston, the practice offers affordable divorce lawyers in Houston, Texas by offering a flat fee for most uncontested divorces and will assist in the drafting of legal documents reflecting your agreements.
To qualify for an uncontested divorce in Houston, Texas, the parties must:
- Agree to be divorced on the grounds of “insupportability
- Reach an agreement on all issues
- Voluntarily sign all papers and agreements associated with a Houston, Texas divorce.
- Have assets valued at less than $750,000.
The process for an uncontested divorce begins with a free consultation at the Law Office of Aaron Weinmann, PLLC. During your consultation, you will receive detailed and personalized information regarding the process which is outlined below:
1. FILE FOR DIVORCE: A divorce will need to be filed with the County Clerk in the County of jurisdiction. You or your spouse must have lived in Texas for six months to qualify for a divorce in Texas and you must be living in the County in which you file for 90 days.
2. DELIVER OR HAVE A COPY DELIVERED TO YOUR SPO– USE: In an uncontested divorce, your spouse will be given a copy of the Petition filed and a Waiver of Service. The Waiver must be signed in front of a notary and filed with the Court.
3. THE 60 DAY WAITING PERIOD FOR DIVORCE: There will be a 60-day period where no action is taken. At the Law Office of Aaron Weinmann, PLLC we try to finalize our contested divorces on or shortly after the 61st day after filing the Petition.
4. ATTEND THE HEARING: The Petitioner will need to attend Court with the Agreed Final Decree and other necessary paperwork to “prove up” the divorce through testimony.
The Law Office of Aaron Weinmann, PLLC has some of the best cheap divorce lawyers in Houston, Texas. The practice is able to offer cheaper services than other lawyers offer by extending the flat rate fee for most uncontested divorce proceedings.
ABOUT AARON WEINMANN, ATTORNEY AT LAW
Aaron Weinmann’s practice areas of law are geared toward supporting you and your family in a time of need. The practice focuses mainly on divorce, child support and estate planning. Based in Houston, Texas, the practice’s office is located at 917 Franklin Street in Houston and is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday to Friday. For more information, or to schedule a free consultation, Contact Us here or call 832-875-7309.